Google

วันศุกร์ที่ 16 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Another Great Credit Card Offer

Another Great Credit Card Offer

by Howard Young


"We have a great opportunity for you..." Fantastic, another credit card offer is just what I need. But what I can't figure out is why they're sending me an offer for a card I already have.
The sales pitch continues: "Because you are a valid United Visa(R) card member, you have been pre-approved for a second great card.... Return the certificate below to receive your Platinum Business Card."

While it's crucial to separate your personal expenses from your business expenses, the certificate fails to identify any business affiliation or has any space for applying the card in the name of the business.

You would think that they would like to know my EIN and business name. So it would appear that even though it's a so called "Business Card," I'm actually applying for the credit in my name.

The offer gets better, 16,000 bonus miles, plus a $25 travel discount and a 1,000 mile one-class upgrade. Great, I move from coach to business for a short two-hour flight. Even better I get to pay $60 per year for this great deal.

Needless to say, this credit card offer went into the shredder.

Why do we get these offers? I imagine that most people don't know what they're signing up for. And bam, they get stuck with an annual fee and high interest rate. But not me, I actually read the whole T&C before signing up.

Folks, read the terms and conditions and settle for less. That is, settle for lower interest rates and no annual fees. And remember to pay off your balances so you can start saving money.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

Credit Card News You Can Use